Friday, February 15, 2013

Ben Harper and Eagle Eye Cherry are not the Same Person

Ben Harper not Eagle Eye Cherry, two different people

I didn't think this was ever an issue for anyone but surprisingly it is. People have seriously thought they were the same person.

For instance, this person actually asked if Ben Harper was in the band Eagle Eye Cherry.  There's just so many things wrong with that besides the fact Eagle Eye Cherry is a person not a band.

Give more than one black guy a guitar and suddenly it's hard for people to tell them apart.  They're not even the same nationality as Cherry is Swedish and Harper is American.

I have to imagine Eagle Eye Cherry believes at least people remember him for "Save Tonight," but then drops his head when he doesn't even get credit for that.



Although I'd never make the mistake, I get that maybe some people don't know who Eagle Eye Cherry is.

On the other hand, I feel like Ben Harper built a successful enough career where people would realize that "Save Tonight" is not his brand of music.

All I'm saying is I don't see many people confusing Coldplay's Chris Martin with the lead singer from Keane so people shouldn't be combining Cherry and Harper into one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment