Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Five Songs I Heard in the Supermarket



It's that time again to recap musical selections of supermarkets.  Here are the last five songs that I've heard while shopping in the supermarket:

1. Mary J. Blige - Real Love

This song is almost too good to be played in the supermarket.  It was distracting enough that I actually forgot to buy some things on my list.

2. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack 

You can not go anywhere these days without hearing Demi Lovato singing about heart conditions.  We get it Lovato.  You're really concerned about your heart for some reason.  There are people who have actually had heart attacks who aren't as worried about their hearts.

Also, it's a bit of a buzz kill when you're about to buy some junk food and you're getting reminded about heart attacks.

3.  Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited

Of course this song immediately made me think of this classic moment.  Remembering that made me laugh and then other customers looked at me like why is this guy laughing to himself.  It turned into a whole awkward situation so thank you for that Pointer Sisters.

4. Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut

Definitely one of the strangest songs I've ever heard while food shopping.  Although, this was at a Trader Joe's so a hipster may have put it on the playlist.

5.  Curtis Mayfield - Move on Up

This song sounded strangely familiar then I realized that Kanye West sampled for "Touch the Sky." The funky bass line and horns provide some inspirational shopping music.

Bonus Song:  Lips Inc. - Funky Town

For some reason this song was like a siren's call to the older people in the store.  Imagine being stuck in the car with three fathers singing along to the radio because that's what it was like.

I've even more freaked out by this song after watching the video because the woman singing is clearly crazy.  She kind of looks like a strung out 70s version of Amy Poehler.

No comments:

Post a Comment